Amoret Kaufman, M.S.
Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern #83078
Supervised by Mary Melissa Springstead, Psy.D, MFT #47113
I value connection, authenticity, and laughter in my counseling work with adults, children, and adolescents. These elements support our ability to learn, heal and thrive -- all of which feel difficult to do when we’re disconnected and tense.
As an interactive and non-judgmental psychotherapist, my #1 goal is to understand you – your perspective, your values, your experiences – to help you reach your #1 goal. With respect and compassion, I’ll partner with you to define the core issues and identify any obstacles to your personal growth, academic/professional success, self-understanding, and greater psychological well-being. Blending compassion and candor with research and evidence-based practices, I’m committed to helping you build on your current strengths, replace outdated coping skills, and get you closer to who you want to be.
I help people with:
- Depression, bipolar, and other mood or mental health concerns
- Anxiety and stress management
- School issues with peers, academic pressure, test anxiety, learning and attention difficulties (including ADHD)
- Career challenges, work/life balance, mid-life crisis, identity
- Family conflicts and relationship problems
- Trauma, low self-esteem, and healing from emotional/physical/sexual abuse
- Substance abuse prevention, addiction recovery support, co-dependence
I also offer family-focused parent consultation, Positive Discipline coaching, and support related to family transitions, separation/divorce, and co-parenting/parallel parenting.
Finding the right therapist relationship is important. If you’re considering therapy, call or email me to set up a complimentary 30 minute consultation so we can see if we’re a good fit together. If we’re not, I’ll refer you to some awesome therapists I know so you can find that comfortable connection.
Local schools and community groups: My colleagues and I also provide parent education services and counseling groups. Let us know your ideas or needs; we’d love to support you.
- Individual adult, children and adolescent psychotherapy
- Family and Couples Psychotherapy
- Co-Parenting Support
- Group Psychotherapy
- Parent Consultation, Coaching, and Support
- Community Parent Education Services
- 30 minute complimentary consultation
- $120 for 50 minute session
280 S. Los Robles Ave Unit B
Pasadena, CA 91101
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. in Psychology
California Lutheran University, M.S. in Counseling Psychology
Specializations: Marital and Family Therapy, and Family Mediation
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Glendale Area Mental Health Professionals
Center For Children Executive Committee Member
Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology